Suunto, one the leading sports watch brands, has just announced two new variants to the award-winning sports watches with the Suunto 7 and Suunto Baro Titanium – and a partnership with Australian Ninja Warriors.
The entire Suunto 7 range received a significant software update for the sleep and heart rate functionality plus the integration of route planning app komoot.
The new Titanium models have a sleek minimalistic design with high grade five titanium bezels.
New and existing customers will benefit from Suunto’s software updates which now include in-depth sleep tracking, body resources management and heart rate feedback visibility.
Suunto has partnered with Australian Ninja Warriors Travis Edwards and Judith Carroll to inspire people who want to push themselves a little further.
The 24-year-old Travis Edwards, based in Penrith, NSW and nicknamed the Afro Ninja, came out of retirement after a serious injury to continue to pursue his passion of teaching gymnastics to children with disabilities.
But his ultimate dream of becoming Australia’s first Ninja Warrior.
Sydney-based 23-year-old Judith Carroll, from the Northern beaches, is a nanny by day and gymnast and rock climber by night. She is currently studying sports and exercise science.
“With last year’s flagship 7 sports watch putting Suunto’s name on the map for a mainstream audience, we looked onwards and upwards by providing consumers with significant advancements across the Suunto 7 and 9 sports watches to allow Australians of all needs and abilities to join Suunto’s journey,” says Fraser Jones, Head of Suunto ANZ.
“Beyond just the techs and specs, our partnership with two Australian Weekend Warriors-turned-Ninja Warriors highlights our commitment to provide innovative and accessible technology for everyone from the hardcore athlete to the everyday active Aussie.”
The new Suunto 7 Titanium utilises Suunto’s sport expertise with its comprehensive blend of fitness tracking and smart features offering more than 70 sport modes.
The device is running Google’s Wear OS which provides access to thousands of apps.
The Suunto 7 Titanium has built-in updates that are backwards compatible across the existing 7 range through an automatic software update.
These updates include:
– Comprehensive sleep data and analysis with three new watch tiles for tracking sleep duration and stages, managing body resources and real-time access to heart rate feedback. The new sleep tracking tools will be available for all Suunto 7 watches via a software update and further sleep analysis is available on the Suunto app.
– Turn by turn navigation powered by komoot, one of the leading route planning tools in the industry, with alerts to assure users don’t miss a turn, downloadable through iOS and Android to sync to the watch
The Suunto 7 Titanium includes:
– Ultra-soft microfiber textile strap included that flexes perfectly around the wrist for a comfortable, breathable, and secure fit.
– Two color variants, inspired by natural colors and matte surfaces derived from nature: Matte Black Titanium and Stone Grey Titanium
The Suunto 9 Baro Titanium is a premium upgrade of the brand’s iconic sports watch and is designed for the most demanding outdoor sports and adventures.
It includes an intelligent GPS system for optimal battery management, comprehensive weather tracking features and more than 80 pre-built sport modes including hiking, skiing and mountain biking with customisable screen providing unlimited options for in-activity views.
The new Suunto 9 Baro Titanium includes:
– Up to 170 hours of GPS battery life in Tour Mode
– Point of interest navigation, save a target location on the go with the watch or beforehand in the Suunto app and navigate seamlessly to the destination
– New minimalistic geometry with a titanium bezel making the watch the lightest in the Suunto 9 range, while maintaining extreme durability
– Turn by turn navigation powered by komoot
– Abrasion resistant textile straps in two sizes included, capable of long exposure to sun and water
– Two color variants, inspired by natural colors and matte surfaces derived from nature: Granite Blue Titanium, Charcoal Black Titanium
Pricing and Availability:
Suunto 7 Titanium – $699. Available from Harvey Norman, MYER and other specialist retailers.
Suunto 9 Baro Titanium – $799. Available from Harvey Norman and other specialist retailers.
The post Suunto launches two sleek new titanium sports watch models appeared first on Tech Guide.